
Sonic Barbarian
I saw that too. Looks like a cab with two 416s and a horn that someone made look like magnificents. The woofers do not look to be horn loaded.
Its interesting that the seller mentions the cabinet is ported but he can seal the port for the buyer with plywood.

I live about 30 mins from that seller. Perhaps I should go have a look at the franken-cents.
- Mike
Were i in the market, i'd be all in in the 1200-1500 range. I'd re-visit some cab calcs/sims and make sure the venting is optimized, brace the bejeezus out of em, damp accordingly, and i expect they'd be pretty substantial. The sound could well approach "magnificent".
I like the cabinet aspect and general design, like a Malibu on steroids, or you could call it a "Vertical Legato".
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
With double 15's in each they could have gone with a large format HF driver. I just think about cabs like my 817's. They were meant to pair up with a large format top section.
I bet they will end up coming down in price a bit (or part them out). I don't think the market is very big for such large house speakers.
Bookmarks